Hello
I am afraid I am a little slow getting part two of "Simple Living in a Bad Economy" up. I apologize for that. But here it is. I hope you enjoy it.
Simple is Classic - When evaluating new clothing purchases it is important to analyze every item and make sure it matches at least 5 other things you already own. For the sake of storage and for laundry day don’t buy too many clothes you have no need for. Pants in several basic colors, coordinating shirts and sweaters in different styles, a few stylish dresses, no frills shoes in basic colors…we don’t really need much. Choosing a basic and limited wardrobe allows us to buy quality items since we don’t have to have such great quantity. Sturdy classic clothes in earthy or neutral colors never go out of style either.
If that doesn’t sound like your style there is always the wonder of thrift stores and consignment shops. In fact much more than clothes can be found in places like these. You can decorate your entire home tastefully and affordably by buying second hand. With a good eye for timeless and beautiful pieces no one will know the difference.
As you can see there is no need to feel as though you must do without in order to apply the principles of voluntary simplicity in your life. You can live “rich” life on relatively little.
No comments:
Post a Comment