Monday, July 27, 2009

How to Save Money on Popcorn

Hello everyone
I found this article today and thought I would share it with you. It is about saving money on popcorn. It tells how to microwave popcorn without paying a big price for it.

Save Money on Popcorn



Save Money on Popcorn
By Camron Stroud




Why not save money on popcorn. Here is an easy tip to surprising savings for your entertainment or diet needs. Depending upon your appetite for popcorn you will be amazed.



Do you buy those bags of microwave popcorn at like 6 bags for $3-$4.00? Have you considered buying the plastic bags of popcorn 1 pound or more at $1.00 or less per bag. I recently went to the local grocery store and purchased a 1 pound bag of popcorn for $0.88. I consume 1 batch of popcorn a night.



I can make 16-20 servings at about 2 ounces by volume of the kernels before popping per serving. It is simple math $0.88 vs $9.00-$12.00 for the microwave "kit" bag. Are you convinced?



Tools Needed:
1 2-2.5 quart Pyrex or oven safe bowl (round is best).
1 microwave safe cover for the bowl (I use a dinner plate).
2 oven mitts or pads.



Instructions:



  • Put kernels in bowl, I pour enough to cover the small flat bottom of the bowl.

  • Cover the bowl and place in the microwave oven. Since cooking times vary, set for 4-5 minutes and listen for the popping rate to slow or if you smell any scorching you have overcooked.

  • When done remove bowl to a heat safe surface with the oven mitts or pads and serve or season with butter, salt or sprinkle grated cheese and serve.



Enjoy the popped corn and the savings, you could actually rent an extra movie and still be money ahead. If you want even bigger savings buy it in bulk at the warehouse stores. Now you see how you can save money on popcorn.




Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Camron_Stroud
http://EzineArticles.com/?Save-Money-on-Popcorn&id=2579882






1 comment:

  1. This is great! I have done micro popcorn in brown lunch sacks. I don't know why I didn't think to just use a Pyrex bowl.

    When I was little, we did it the really old fashioned way..in a pan on the stove.

    ReplyDelete