Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Make Your Own Spaghetti Sauce

Making your own spaghetti can save you money. I published an article about it on Searchwarp and put a copy of it below.

One way to save a little on your grocery bill is to use tomato paste to make spaghetti sauce.

Add 2 cups of water to a pan then stir in a 6 oz can of tomato paste. Add salt and pepper to taste and any other spices that you like. I use garlic, oregano, and italian seasoning. It really is good and it is less than half the price of prepared spaghetti sauce.I also like to use tomato paste to make tomato soup. It makes about three cups. Just add tomato paste to about 2 and 1/2 cups of milk or water and simmer. Salt and pepper to taste.

When my husband was working one or two days a week I had to really stretch everything. I learned a lot during that time. It helped me understand the difference between what I needed and what I thought I needed. These were some difficult times but I learned that I did not need a lot of things but I did need a lot of loving family moments.



    1 comment:

    1. Thanks for sharing this trick. I also make my own spegetti sauce. My husband likes his chucky so I before I start the sauce I dice some onions and cook them in a small amount of butter until they are translucent. I then make sauce as described in your post, but I add a small can of diced tomatoes and then the onions, to make it chunky. It is very tasty. I am glad that you are sharing these things because some folks just do not know how to go about making their own. There are lots of things that I could learn as well. Thanks!
      Catfishchic
      http://catfishchicsfishingblog.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete