
If you have a hard time saving money, I know exactly how you feel. It is such a struggle in these economic times. There are a lot of different ways that people use that works for them.
One way that works for me is with Walmart gift cards. That may sound a little strange. If I want to save money for a higher priced item I buy a Walmart gift card for ten dollars. Then each time I go into Walmarts I try to remember to add five or ten dollars to it. Right now I am using a gift card to save up for a carpet shampooer. I have a few more weeks to go before I have enough on my card to buy it. But when I have enough on my card I can buy it and not have any interest to pay. It will be paid in full and I can use my carpet shampooer without feeling guilty about having to make payments. It is kind of like the layaway plans they used to have only better. They did charge a small fee for layaways.
Also, I buy another card to use for Christmas gifts. By the time Christmas gets here, I should have enough on my card to pay for most of my gifts.
Another thing I do is to buy gift cards for $10.00 to use as birthday gifts. I buy them when it is convenient for me and then am not pressured when the special birthday rolls around. If I want to give more than $10.00 I can keep adding a little bit on it until I have the amount I want to give.
This is just one way that has helped me.
Instead of handing walmart your money, check out your local bank. They allow you to also add money with each visit AND they pay you interest. And best of all, when you need money, you have cash instead of store credit for made-in-china junk.
ReplyDelete